What is the Pushcart Prize, you ask?
“The Pushcart Prize: Best of the Small Presses series, published every year since 1976, is the most honored literary project in America. [H]undreds of presses and thousands of writers of short stories, poetry and essays have been represented in our annual collections.”
We were allowed to nominate up to six selections from our Spring and Fall 2016 issues. Congratulations to contributors Emma Bolden, Ashanti Anderson, Lynn Otto, Jacqueline Guidry, Anthony J. Mohr, and Brock Kingsley, whose work we found especially intriguing or accomplished—or both.
Click on the links below to read our nominated selections and to learn more about each contributor:
- “House Is a Hoard,” poetry by Emma Bolden (Fall 2016)
- “Ode to Brown,” poetry by Ashanti Anderson (Spring 2016)
- “Marcescence,” poetry by Lynn Otto (Fall 2016)
- “Moon Snail, Sea Potato, Lobster,” fiction by Jacqueline Guidry (Spring 2016)
- “Super Summer Spectacular,” nonfiction by Anthony J. Mohr (Spring 2016)
- “How to Remember Your Dead Father,” nonfiction by Brock Kingsley (Spring 2016)
Again, congratulations to our nominees, and thanks to each contributor for letting us publish their fine work. We wish them the best of luck in the final selection process!